2011/01/19

Centralized or Decentralized?

   HOW’S IT GOING (? . ?)?
      First of all, I simply introduce myself to everyone coming to see this blog. Thank you for coming! I am Kazunari Nakajima, an international student from Tokyo in Japan who loves playing soccer and surfing. In UCSD, I’m majoring in Economics.  My name is sort of difficult so please just call me “Kaz”.  
      On this blog, I would like to start writing about the Japanese local financial reformation and whether “decentralization” of government activities is better or worse for people in our societies, Which I worked on and researched over last quarter as a research assistant of Prof. Hoshi at IR/PS.

“Do you believe that our government utilize our budget efficiently?“
and
“Does their activities really benefit us?”

I BELIEVE everyone has negative answer for the questions. My answer is also “Not at all! We are in recession!” But It’s kind of impossible and too difficult for us to be informed how exactly the government spent our taxes to exercise social services for the people in our society.    

Here is another question!
“Is it better to have centralized or decentralized government for our society?”


what is your answer for this question? 
With my knowledge through my research on local financial reform taken by Japanese Prime Minister, Jyunichiro Koizume, I am going to show and discuss how the two governments (Centralized and Decentralized) are differ in the way they operate, and which is better for our society in the world.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment